Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Review: On The Go Cafe Mocha

I need my caffeine every morning, and am always looking for new coffee to try out. So while I was at Shnucks yesterday, I saw "On The Go" Cafe Mocha on display, with a coupon taped to the front, so I decided to give it a try.

Inside there are 6 (I think) individually packed coffee. It calls for a cup of liquid, either water or milk, for each packet.

I emptied the packet of coffee into my mug, measured 1/2 cup of hot water and 1/2 cup of soy milk and pour it in. The resulting mixture was lumpy and really thick. I then added another 1/2 cup of water to it. So now the consistency is more like a watered down cream of mushroom instead of thick like clam chowder.

Unfortunately I think using the cold milk was a mistake. I had to nuke the coffee for 20 seconds after mixing.

So I declare this a flop. At least for today.

Pros:
Easy, no spilling ground coffee everywhere
Less clean up: mug, spoon, and measuring cup (if used)

Cons:
Taste level does not come close to freshly brewed coffee
Too thick

Alternatives:
Make my own coffee in the morning
Stock up on Starbucks bottled mocha frappuccino lite

No comments: